“A lovely presented cottage, thank you for the gift of wine and biscuits. The area is nice and quiet and we enjoyed visiting the tourist spots. We will recommend the cottage to anyone coming to Suffolk”
“We loved the cottage too! It is very quiet with friendly neighbours. We enjoyed the area visiting, Southwold, Snape and Aldeburgh. Great walks foor our dog in beautiful countryside.”
You're welcomed into the homely open plan living/kitchen/dining room with stairs rising to the first floor landing with a double bedroom, a dressing room and a shower room. Outside there's a graveled garden with a table and chairs for you to sit and relax in the fresh air. There's off road parking and many lovely walks nearby, which you can enjoy with your dog as one well-behaved dog is allowed at Seafarers.
The front door opens into a cosy open plan room with under floor heating and carpeted stairs to first-floor.
A comfy two seater sofa and blanket box (coffee table) are positioned so you can enjoy programmes on the flat screen TV with a Netflix which sit on the bookcase, There's also a stereo with CD player for your entertainment.
The kitchen/dining area has an antique pine table and two chairs and a dresser well stocked with crockery. The fitted kitchen units have an integrated dishwasher, electric hob and oven, a fridge-freezer, a microwave and a Nespresso coffee maker. There is also an integral drinking water filter tap.
Carpeted stairs rise to the landing with access to the bedroom, dressing room (both also carpeted) and bathroom.
A lovely light south facing bedroom overlooking the garden, furnished with a double bed, bedside tables with lamps and a deep cupboard with rail for your clothes and cases.
A convenient multi-purpose room with dressing table with stool and chair with a velux window above, making it ideal for doing your makeup or using as a desk if you need to do a spot of work. There's additional storage in the wardrobe.
The quaint sitting-length bath has a hand shower over and shower screen and there's a WC, wash basin, heated towel rail and natural light from the velux window.
This Suffolk country cottage has a small south facing gravelled garden with a bistro style table and chairs, and an allocated off-road parking space directly outside the gate. Two dogs are allowed to stay and there are plenty of great walks in the neighbouring countryside.
All prices include 100% cotton bed linen, towels, heating and electricity, plus a welcome bottle of wine and biscuits to help you get your break off to a relaxing start.
This mid-terrace Suffolk country holiday cottage is equipped with under-floor heating downstairs and an electric heater in the bedroom and a heated towel rail in the bathroom. Appliances include a small flat screen TV, DVD player, stereo system with CD player, Ipod docking station, an electric hob and oven, a dishwasher, fridge-freezer, and a microwave. The cottage has tiled flooring downstairs and carpet in the bedroom. WIFI is available.
A travel cot and a high chair are available from the property owners on request at the time of booking.
The village of Fressingfield is just 4 miles from the town of Harleston, 12 miles east of Diss (where there's a mainline train station on the London-Norwich line), and just 25 minutes drive from the coastal town of Southwold.
Here are our top five tips for enjoying the area:
– Stretch your legs and explore the area on a half hour circular walk through Ashfield's Wood, passing a nature reserve, a babbling brook and walking across open fields.
– Bring your clubs and enjoy a game of golf at Halesworth where you'll find a 10 bay driving range, chipping and putting greens, 27 holes, an 18 hole championship course and a 9 hole academy course.
– Drive just 4 miles to Harleston and explore the town' popular shops and restaurants. There you'll find Indian, Chinese, Japanese, and Pizza restaurants and takeaways. Gurneys Bistro and Wine Bar in the old Gurney Bank building is good for lunch, and The Magpie Hotel serves good local food in their restaurant.
– Enjoy a wander around the pretty village of Fressingfield and enjoy lunch in The Swan.
– Book yourself in for dinner at the Fox and Goose restaurant, just a few hundred yards from the cottage!