Last week saw the second ever Suffolk Day take place on the longest day of the year, Thursday 21 June. There were plenty of celebrations across Suffolk, each celebrating what makes our beautiful county so great and it was no different at Best of Suffolk HQ.
The sky was blue, the sun was shining, and the BBQ was fired up to enjoy a lunchtime BBQ, using local Suffolk produce. The team from our sister company Best Estates joined us and lots of fun was had discussing our favourite things about Suffolk while tucking into some really great food.
To be honest, there are so many things we love about Suffolk, and we feel so lucky to be able to work and live in this beautiful county. Here are just a few recommendations from the Best of Suffolk team on places to visit:
- Bury st Edmunds, the Abbey Gardens, shops, restaurants and of course Ickworth House
- The Countryside, variety of places for walks, from coastal walks to rambling through the forest
- Woodbridge, walking along the river and stopping for fish and chips in Elmhurst park and a pint or two!
- The beautiful coastline, walks through tranquil fields, beautiful coastline
- The beaches, family days in the sun and you have an easy choice of sandy beaches or pebble beaches
- Ipswich Waterfront, the regeneration and transformation over the years has been amazing
Want to find out more? Why not view our range of stylish self-catering holiday cottages and come and explore all Suffolk has to offer.