This beautifully presented converted barn is in a wonderful location, tucked away down a quiet little lane in the countryside just two miles from the historic medieval town of Lavenham. It's a world away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, in a peaceful spot with lovely views through native trees of fields and countryside, yet only a short drive to Lavenham's popular pubs and restaurants.
This self catering Suffolk country holiday cottage is on one level - there's a very large open plan living/dining/kitchen room with french windows on both sides leading out to paved garden terraces, two bedrooms (1 king size, 1 twin), a bathroom and a separate shower room. Outside there are two terraces, and a very large lawned area, plenty of off road parking and a natural wildlife pond.
The front door leads to a hallway with space to leave your coats and boots.
Living/kitchen/dining room: This large space has double aspect windows, glazed patio doors leading directly out to garden terraces to the front and the rear of the property, and an Indian stone tiled floor.
The dining area has a limed oak table, a long bench and two chairs. The spacious living area in the centre of the room has two large sofas, a coffee table, a Sony TV on the wall with Freeview, a built-in DVD player and a Bose Ipod docking station.
The white kitchen area has an electric hob and oven, a slimline dishwasher, a bright red Smeg fridge with a freezer compartment and a microwave.
Bedroom 1: This has a lovely king-size bed, bedside tables, a wardrobe with hang space and drawers, a Lloyd Loom chair and oak flooring.
Bathroom: Situated next to Bedroom 1, this has a bath with a hand held shower, a hand basin in a fitted unit and a w.c with a concealed washer/dryer.
Bedroom 2: There are two single beds, bedside tables, a wardrobe with drawers and hanging space. The floor is tiled with Indian stone, with a rug, with an original flint wall.
Shower room: Situated next to Bedroom 2, this has a walk-in shower, w.c. and a small corner hand basin with cupboard over.
Outside: There is a large lawn garden on three sides of the property, and two terraces, one at the front and another at the back with garden furniture. ThereÂÂ’s a large natural wildlife pond and plenty of off-road parking on the gravel drive.
This self catering Suffolk country holiday cottage is situated just 2 miles from the medieval wool town of Lavenham. In medieval times it was one of the wealthiest settlements in England and remarkably a great many historic timber-framed grand houses and cottages remain beautifully intact. A trip to Lavenham is not really complete without a visit to The Swan for afternoon tea in medieval surroundings. The town has an excellent variety of shops and restaurants including The Great House and The Angel – both award-winning restaurants. Newmarket Races is a 50 minute drive, where you can enjoy race track days and music concerts!
Long Melford is around 7 miles away and is popular for its historic high street and magnificent wool church, antique shops, good restaurants, takeaways, art galleries and fashion boutiques. The historic city of Cambridge is around a 30-40 minute drive away.
Our five top tips for exploring and enjoying the area:
1. Enjoy a mile long walk across fields and lanes to Long Melford and have lunch in one of the excellent pubs and restaurants.
2. Spend a day at the historic moated Tudor Kentwell Hall. Through the summer there are re-creations of everyday life in Tudor times, where Kentwell is inhabited by up to 250 men, women and children who live, act, talk and dress as if still living in Tudor times.
3. Take a trip to the beautiful villages of Clare, and Cavendish and enjoy lunch in The George pub on The Green at Cavendish.
4. Visit the magnificent Elizabethan house Melford Hall, owned by the National Trust. The children’s writer Beatrix Potter visited here on several occasions and painted some of her paintings here, a collection of which can still be seen here. The annual fireworks display in the grounds is a very popular event.
5. Enjoy a stroll around the nearby historic medieval wool town of Lavenham and enjoy afternoon tea at The Swan Hotel.
All prices include 100% cotton bed linen, towels, heating and electricity plus a welcome bottle of wine and biscuits to help you get your break off to a relaxing start.
This stunning ground floor self catering Suffolk country holiday cottage is equipped with under-floor heating. Appliances include a flat screen TV with Freeview/ and a built-in DVD/CD player, a Bose Ipod docking station, a built-in electric hob and oven, slimline dishwasher, Smeg fridge with a freezer compartment, washing machine and a microwave. A travel cot and high chair are available from the property owners on request at the time of booking.
Sorry no smoking or unaccompanied teenagers permitted at the property. The property has a large open natural pond and so we recommend that young children are supervised in the garden.
The garden is not enclosed.
A well-behaved dog is welcome, on request at the time of booking and subject to our usual conditions of booking.
1. Check availability and price by clicking here. Move your mouse pointer over one of the underlined dates to reveal the prices for breaks starting on that date.
2. Make a provisional booking by clicking on your arrival date, then click on your departure date. You will then be prompted to fill out a booking form. Only dates that are underlined can be selected as arrival and departure dates. For enquiries about other dates please email or call us.
3. How to pay. When you have filled out your booking form you can choose to pay online by credit or debit card or send a bank transfer. A 25% deposit is requested at the time of your booking. The balance and a £100 returnable good housekeeping deposit (subject to terms and conditions) are due six weeks before your holiday commences. Please note there is a 1.5% charge for credit card payments. There is no charge for debit card payments.
4. More information about making a booking is available by clicking here