PET FRIENDLY SUFFOLK COUNTRY HOLIDAY COTTAGE FOR 2
Unwind and relax in the countryside at this small & pretty Suffolk country holiday cottage situated in the peaceful Suffolk village of Fressingfield. The village is well known for the popular Fox and Goose restaurant inside the historic Tudor Guildhall. There's also a good pub, The Swan, and a well stocked village shop.+ View more property information >
Downstairs there's an open plan living/kitchen/dining room and upstairs you'll find a double bedroom, a dressing room and a shower room. Outside there's a patio garden with a table and chairs and off road parking. There are many lovely walks nearby and the cottage welcomes one well-behaved dog.
LIVING/KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: The front door opens into an open plan room and stairs to first floor.
The living area has a two seater sofa, a coffee table, a small flat screen TV with a DVD player, a stereo with CD player, an Ipod docking station and a heated tiled floor.
The kitchen/dining area has an antique pine table and two chairs, a dresser and fitted kitchen units with a dishwasher, electric hob and oven, a fridge-freezer, a microwave and a Nespresso coffee maker. There is also an integral drinking water filter tap.
BEDROOM: There's a double bed with bedside tables.
DRESSING ROOM: This is a handy room to leave you suitcases in. It has a wardrobe, dressing table, a chair and a velux window.
SHOWER/BATHROOM: There's a shower over a small sitting-length bath, a w.c., a hand basin and a heated towel rail.
OUTSIDE: This Suffolk country cottage has a small south facing garden patio with a table and chairs, and an allocated off-road parking space.
All prices include 100% cotton bed linen, towels, heating and electricity, plus a welcome bottle of wine and biscuits to help you get your break off to a relaxing start.
This mid-terrace Suffolk country holiday cottage is equipped with under-floor heating downstairs and an electric heater in the bedroom and a heated towel rail in the bathroom. Appliances include a small flat screen TV, DVD player, stereo system with CD player, Ipod docking station, an electric hob and oven, a dishwasher, fridge-freezer, and a microwave. The cottage has tiled flooring downstairs and carpet in the bedroom. WIFI is available.
A travel cot and a high chair are available from the property owners on request at the time of booking.
The village of Fressingfield is just 4 miles from the town of Harleston, 12 miles east of Diss (where there's a mainline train station on the London-Norwich line), and just 25 minutes drive from the coastal town of Southwold.
Here are our top five tips for enjoying the area:
– Stretch your legs and explore the area on a half hour circular walk through Ashfield's Wood, passing a nature reserve, a babbling brook and walking across open fields.
– Bring your clubs and enjoy a game of golf at Halesworth where you'll find a 10 bay driving range, chipping and putting greens, 27 holes, an 18 hole championship course and a 9 hole academy course.
– Drive just 4 miles to Harleston and explore the town' popular shops and restaurants. There you'll find Indian, Chinese, Japanese, and Pizza restaurants and takeaways. Gurneys Bistro and Wine Bar in the old Gurney Bank building is good for lunch, and The Magpie Hotel serves good local food in their restaurant.
– Enjoy a wander around the pretty village of Fressingfield and enjoy lunch in The Swan.
– Book yourself in for dinner at the Fox and Goose restaurant, just a few hundred yards from the cottage!
Bookings made within 90 days of travelling discounted by 20%
Sorry, no smoking or unaccompanied teenagers permitted at the property.
A well-behaved dog is welcome downstairs, on request at the time of booking and subject to our usual conditions of booking.
Upstairs are partially sloping ceilings, otherwise there is good head-height throughout.