“......Oystercatcher is beautifully decorated and the perfect base to explore the area. Thank you!”
This pretty period self-catering Suffolk country holiday cottage is just moments from the river at Woodbridge with scenic riverside walks in both directions and an abundance of birdlife.
Woodbridge is a lovely historic market town with many interesting old buildings, shops and excellent restaurants, pubs and cafes. It’s an ideal place to be based for exploring the Suffolk Coast - but with Woodbridge and the river so close to hand, you may want to simply park your car up for the week and relax and go nowhere!
On the ground floor there’s a cosy living room, a kitchen/dining room, and a shower room. Upstairs are two bedrooms (1 king, 1 small double). Outside is a cottage garden with fragrant lavender plants, a patio with a table and chairs and a raised lawn that catches the sun throughout the day.
The front door leads to a living room with a two-seater sofa, two armchairs, modern wooden flooring and a gas-fired stove. There’s a selection of books, a TV with FreeSat channels and a built-in DVD player.
Kitchen/ dining room: The room has glazed doors that lead out to the patio, ideal for breakfast or evening drinks. Inside there’s a vintage pine table and four chairs, and a fitted kitchen with a slimline dishwasher, a washing machine/dryer and an electric hob and oven.
Shower room: There’s a large shower, hand basin, a w.c. and a heated towel rail.
First floor: Steep, narrow cottage stairs from the kitchen lead up to a small landing and doors to the bedrooms.
Bedroom 1: A good-sized bedroom with a king size bed, bedside tables, a built-in wardrobe, a chest of drawers, sisal carpet and painted shutters to the window. Through the window is a view over the boatyard sheds towards the river – whether you can see the river depends on what boats are in the yard during your stay!
Bedroom 2: This charming small bedroom has a small double bed (it’s 4 ft wide, so 6 inches slimmer than a standard double) against the wall, a bedside table and a chest of drawers.
Outside: There’s a pretty cottage garden, with a patio just outside french doors. There are steps leading up from the patio to a lawn with mature shrubs. The garden is walled on two sides and open to next door’s garden on the other side. Garden furniture is stored in the shed for your use.
The river footpath runs past the front of the house, from where you can walk to the town and enjoy meandering riverside walks in both directions.
On-road parking can usually be found along the lane beyond the boatyard. Cars can usually be parked for short periods immediately outside the property for unloading.
Oystercatcher is an end of terrace self-catering Suffolk country holiday cottage situated in the pretty and historic market town of Woodbridge. The town is on the River Deben and has an excellent range of cafes, shops and restaurants all within a short walk of the cottage. Woodbridge railway station is a few minutes walk away.
Explore the area with our 'top five' suggestions:
1. Take a stroll along the River Deben: watch the boats sail by, visit the town's famous Tide Mill and stop at The Waterfront Cafe for a well-earned cup of tea.
2. Explore 'Foodie' Woodbridge - there are some excellent pubs and restaurants and a Deli stocking some of the best of local produce in the area for you to enjoy back at the cottage. Our top recommendations for eating out are The Crown, The Anchor and The Galley.
3. There's a swimming pool, an independent cinema, and a cafe where you can paint ceramics whilst you lunch.
4. Take a drive down the Bawdsey Peninsular to Bawdsey Quay, at the mouth of the River Deben. Sit on the unspoilt small sandy beach and sunbathe or catch the foot and cycle ferry over the river to Felixstowe Ferry.
5. Visit Sutton Hoo, the fascinating historic burial ground of the Anglo-Saxon kings of East Anglia, owned by the National Trust.
All rental prices include bed linen and towels, gas and electricity plus a welcome bottle of wine and biscuits to help you get your break off to a relaxing start.
This self-catering Suffolk country holiday cottage is equipped with gas central heating, a DVD/CD player, electric hob and oven, slimline dishwasher, and a washing machine.
Sorry, no children under five, no smoking, pets or unaccompanied teenagers permitted at the property.
Please note that stairs are old, steep, narrow cottage stairs.
1. Check availability and price by clicking here. Move your mouse pointer over one of the underlined dates to reveal the prices for breaks starting on that date.
2. Make a provisional booking by clicking on your arrival date, then click on your departure date. You will then be prompted to fill out a booking form. Only dates that are underlined can be selected as arrival and departure dates. For enquiries about other dates please email or call us.
3. How to pay. When you have filled out your booking form you can choose to pay online by credit or debit card or send a bank transfer. A 25% deposit is requested at the time of your booking. The balance and a £100 returnable good housekeeping deposit (subject to terms and conditions) are due six weeks before your holiday commences. Please note there is a 1.5% charge for credit card payments. There is no charge for debit card payments.
4. More information about making a booking is available by clicking here